Sunday 27 January 2013

Catching up with the rowing @Quintin Head

I finally got to catch up with my other hobby of photography at the weekend. Its been almost a year since i covered a sporting event. My favorite being any of the rowing events that take place throughout the year in the UK. Since 2007 I have been taking pics at most major Uk events. This includes all the Tideway Heads, Nat Champs Henley and Nat Schools in Notiingham. Quintin Head has long been a favorite of mine, I can still remember doing my first one 4-5 years ago and there were only 100 boats. This year there were nearly 200 which makes it rather cool. And its the only one where crews get to race upstream so I see a different view from Hammersmith Bridge. Welcome to Birdman Photography.



Here are a few of my favorites of the racing and I'm pleased to say my pics although maybe not the best quality still have a uniqueness to them. This I think comes from my passion for the sports and ensuring that every picture is one i would like to buy.



Always the hardest part for me is sorting the order of photos to make them easy to find. It takes patience that I have little of, however using Lightroom2 has revolutionized this. You select the pics and it will file them for you whilst converting them in size and meta data.
Amazing how good Twitter is for promoting pics to Rowers. Everyone seems to have an account and are happy to follow Birdman. Which is awesome news. Latest analytics show 1000 unique visitors which is pretty good considering its only 24 hours later and that means probably 2-3 people from each boat have been on Birdman site.

No comments:

Post a Comment